March 18, 2013
REPORTERS, NEWS RESEARCHERS, CORRESPONDENTS & FREELANCE WRITERS
The AfricaPaper based in Minnesota, USA seeks editors, reporters, business news researchers, correspondents, and photographers from Africa and around the world starting April 15, 2013. Selected candidates are to report on African issues, businesses, events, and research news stories from politics to human interest. We prefer more investigative stories. All articles will be published in The AfricaPaper, a bimonthly newspaper and on its website: www.theafricapaper.com
- Reporters and news researchers are to file articles of about 500 to 1,000 words related to African issues. They should be well researched, sourced, and fact-checked.
- Regular – we need weekly news (200 – 500 words) with sharp photographs.
- Reporters and freelancers are expected to file stories with photos on deadline as agreed with editors.
- Detailed monthly investigative or feature stories (well researched 800 – 1,200 words)
- Send weekly or monthly newspaper clips, and photographs from any African country for publication.
- Professional journalists, reporters, correspondents and photographers
- College-level students in journalism, international relations, politics, business, communication, or related field of studies.
- Good command of written and spoken English. French, Spanish, and German are a plus.
- Able to research and read foreign newspapers for African stories and sources.
- Previous experience working for newspapers, magazines, new and multimedia outlets, also a plus.
- Experience in investigative reporting is an added advantage.
- Reporters, business news researchers, and freelance journalists can write and file stories related to Africa from any part of the world in consultation with editors.
- A unique opportunity for reporters and students to learn about the media and journalism in Africa and abroad.
- Interact with Africa’s leading journalists, politicians, business owners, and build experience interviewing them.
- The AfricaPaper pays only selected staff members and also provides professional notes to our reporters and correspondents on how to cover complex stories in Africa.
- Represent The AfricaPaper in your country or region, for easier access to press conferences, etc.
- With the editorial board’s approval, The AfricaPaper may provide reporting equipment such as recorder(s), camera(s) and portable scanner(s) needed for reporting to qualified candidates.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their resumes, work samples, and a letter explaining their interest, qualifications, experience, and enthusiasm in journalism or a related field to the editors:
Editors: Issa A. Mansaray: (763) 568-4335, Alieu Sheriff: (404) 226-1470, Anna Shen
The AfricaPaper Appears In:
Angola ? Algeria ? Benin ? Botswana ? Burkina Faso ? Burundi ? Cameroon ? Central African Republic ? Chad ? Comoros ? Congo ? Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire) ? Ivory Coast ? Djibouti ? Eritrea ? Ethiopia ? Egypt ? Equatorial ? Guinea ? Gabon ? Gambia ? Ghana ? Guinea ? Guinea-Bissau ? Kenya ? Lesotho ? Liberia ? Libya Madagascar ? Malawi ? Mali ? Mauritania ? Mauritius ? Morocco ? Mozambique ? Namibia ? Niger ? Nigeria ? Reunion ? Rwanda ? São Tomé and Principe ? Seychelles ? Senegal ? Sierra Leone ? Somalia ? Somaliland? South Africa ? South Sudan ? St. Helena ? Sudan ? Swaziland ? Tanzania ? Togo ? Tunisia ? Uganda ? Western Sahara ? Zambia ? Zimbabwe ? European Union ? The Americas ? Asia
Reporting for the Community and the World